would have to be overcome. Professor Ian Gordon chaired the session and a drinks reception followed.
Specific questions addressed were:
Whether a repeat of this exercise is now feasible (both technically and politically);
What different problems would have to be overcome, after developments in the past decade (including the Case Resolution programme); and
Who would be in a position to pursue this – or may already be doing so (?) – in what ways.
The following organisations were represented in the high-level discussion:
- COMPAS, Oxford University
- Implementation Group, Cabinet Office
- Working Lives Research Institute, London Metropolitan University
- National Audit Office
- Migration Research Unit, UCL
- LSE London
- ONS Population & Demography Division, Office for National Statistics
- Department of Economics, LSE
- Department of Geography and Environment, LSE